[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PATCH: add "dejagnu report card" command [revised] [supplemental pat
Re: PATCH: add "dejagnu report card" command [revised] [supplemental patch: Makefile.am]
Tue, 01 Jan 2019 17:24:49 -0600
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20090807 MultiZilla/18.104.22.168e SeaMonkey/1.1.17 Mnenhy/0.7.6.0
Ben Elliston wrote:
On Tue, Jan 01, 2019 at 04:04:57AM -0600, Jacob Bachmeyer wrote:
I build in a separate object directory and then confirm that only
directories remain after "make distclean" in the object tree.
Reading the Automake manual, it seems I have alays misunderstood what
make distclean is meant to do. :-) Instead of listing all of those
files one by one, please consider using a distclean-local rule to
The example given in the Automake manual suggests that "clean" should
remove files left by the testsuite, so a clean-local rule is added
following the example in the Automake manual. At first, I considered
simply "rm -rf testsuite" but quickly realized that would be very wrong
if someone tried to build in the source directory.
This patch applies atop the main patch and includes a replacement set of
ChangeLog entries: (and, in the spirit of "better late than never", a
NEWS item for "dejagnu report card" has been written)
X. The first auxiliary command is added: "report card".
The "dejagnu report card" command reads DejaGnu summary files and
produces a compact tabular summary across multiple tools.
* Makefile.am (clean-local): Add target.
(clean-local-check): Add target; mark as PHONY.
(commands_DATA): Add "report-card" scripts.
(dist_man_MANS): Add dejagnu-report-card.1 and split.
(DEJATOOL): Add "report-card" tool.
(TESTSUITE_FILES): Add testsuite for "report-card" tool.
* commands/report-card.awk: New command script.
* doc/dejagnu.texi (Invoking dejagnu report card): New node.
* doc/dejagnu-report-card.1: New man page.
* testsuite/lib/bohman_ssd.exp: New file.
* testsuite/lib/report-card.exp: New file.
* testsuite/report-card.all/onetest.exp: New file.
* testsuite/report-card.all/passes.exp: New file.
diff --git a/Makefile.am b/Makefile.am
index 975d80c..604dc0b 100644
@@ -1,4 +1,4 @@
-# Copyright (C) 1992-2016, 2018 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
+# Copyright (C) 1992-2016, 2018, 2019 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
# This file is part of DejaGnu.
@@ -26,33 +26,15 @@ EXTRA_DIST = ChangeLog-1992 MAINTAINERS dejagnu runtest \
$(commands_DATA) $(TESTSUITE_FILES) $(TEXINFO_TEX)\
-DISTCLEANFILES = options-init.exp stats-init.exp \
- testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu \
- testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu-bar \
- testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu-bar-baz \
- testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu-baz \
- testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin/dejagnu-foo \
- testsuite/launcher.all/command/share/dejagnu/commands \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-error.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-fail.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-kfail.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-kpass.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-note.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-pass.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-unresolved.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-unsupported.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-untested.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-warning.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-xfail.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/onetest/one-xpass.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/basic-a.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/basic-b.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/kxfail-a.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/kxfail-b.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/kxpass-a.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/kxpass-b.sum \
- testsuite/report-card.all/passes/unresult-a.sum \
+DISTCLEANFILES = options-init.exp stats-init.exp
+ -rm -rf testsuite/launcher.all/command/bin
+ -rm -rf testsuite/launcher.all/command/share
+ -rm -rf testsuite/report-card.all/onetest
+ -rm -rf testsuite/report-card.all/passes
# Give a reassuring message so that users know the "build" worked.