Re: [Demexp-dev] beginning

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] beginning
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 12:23:59 +0200

isa oger <address@hidden> writes:

> hello, I will begin this morning to make the API with Camltk. Perhaps
> will I soon change for Labltk (I think that the translation is not too
> hard). I have also heard about mlTk wich is Camltk+Labltk... If someone
> can help me in the choice I will be glad to have your opinion (I am also
> looking for documentation).

I can't recommend on a specific Tk API however I would recommend using a
variant with labels (in other words, LablTk and mlTk). The labels are
*very* useful in Caml. I found them very easy to use and they can help
make the code a lot easier to understand and to write.

The other factor is to try to avoid using as much as possible packages
external to standard O'Caml distribution. I think (but I'm not sure)
that LablTk is provided with O'Caml. I can't say for mlTk.

So, if LablTk is provided with standard O'Caml, I would recommend using
LablTk.

Best regards,
d.
--