[Demexp-dev] Handling classification issue: LIS (Logical Information Sys

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Handling classification issue: LIS (Logical Information Systems) solution
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 10:56:03 +0100

Hello,

Just a short note to tell all DemExp developers that I have taken
contact with researchers at Irisa, Rennes, France, doing LIS (Logical
Information Systems, http://www.irisa.fr/LIS/).

They propose a framework that allow to both *explore* and *modify* a
classification hierarchy according to multiple research paths, and that
in a coherent manner.

I *think* this might be the long term solution to classification issues
of demexp. At least for the logical framework and associated
algorithms.

They have running code, under GNU GPL (altough not yet released to the
public).

I do not plan to look at it in the short term (we have more important
thinks in out todo list, like finishing the client and authentication
and confidentiality in the server) but, in the mid term, I'll look at
it.

Yours,
d.
--