[Demexp-dev] SSL library: which one to use

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] SSL library: which one to use
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:58:30 +0100

Hello,

In a near future, we will have to integrate an SSL (Secure Socket Layer)
library between the client and the server. I do not intend to write such
a library: it would be stupid, I'm not a security neither crypto
expert. So we need to integrate external code. Thus the question: which
code?

Right now, I know about:

 OpenSSL  http://www.openssl.org/

 MatrixSSL http://matrixssl.org/

 GnuTLS http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/

Personnally, I'm in favor of OpenSSL. Well known, well scrutinized, well
maintained. There is a small licensing issue with the GPL but we can add
a specific clause to solve the issue.

I know that Fred would prefer us to use another library for licensing
issues. I don't have much technical argument pro or con OpenSSL except
that everybody uses it.

Has anybody other pointer? What do you think of it?

Yours,
d.
--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>