Re: [Demexp-dev] SSL library: which one to use

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] SSL library: which one to use
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:40:42 +0100

Hello Felix,

address@hidden writes:

> Matrixssl seems to be dedicated to small devices and strongly
> optimized for reduced memory implementation. It may not offer
> the same functionalities and flexibility as the other ones.

Yes. And it is very new also. I only mentioned it for completeness and
for the future DemExp client that we will put in each wireless phone. :)
(that's said, this is not such a stupid idea. It could break the social
barrier of demexp acceptance.)

> Between OpenSSL and GnuTLS I can't tell. GnuTLS release is 1.0 while
> OpenSSL is 0.9.6 , does that mean anything in terms of matureness?

Not at all. Demexp is at 0.1 and is very stable. :) More seriously,
OpenSSL is used by very well know projects, most notably ssh on the
debian. I don't know any use of gnutls.

> [Out of Scope] For your info I'm currently working (=learning) SPIP
> so that we can have a beautiful, flexible, multilingual web site
> soon.

Great! Of course, I'm willing to also help on that side.

Yours,
d.
--
 David Mentré <address@hidden>