About delegation (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] Protocol to guarantee vote anony

From: David MENTRE
Subject: About delegation (was: Re: [Demexp-dev] Protocol to guarantee vote anonymity.)
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 19:07:09 +0200

Hello Serge,

Serge Leblanc <address@hidden> writes:

> This anonymity is really a dilemma. The delegation requires to know the
> position of certain voter.

Yes. Position of delegates is public. However, please notice that there
is, for a person, *two* logins: as an individual and as a delegate.

For example, you would have logins "serge" and "delegate_serge".

The votes taken by "serge" are always hidden. Those made by
"delegate_serge" are always public.

Of course, votes by a delegate as an individual and as a delegate can be
different.

The rationale behind public vote of delegates: delegates vote for
others, so it should be possible to follow his behavior and take
appropriate action if necessary (e.g. withdraw delegation).

> Another questions, Is it possible and desirable to be able to delegate
> his vote to a group of people rather to someone ?  That would make it
> possible to keep the anonymous vote for each one but the result of the
> groups will be public.

It is not currently possible to delegate to a group of people. However,
a group of people could nominate its "official delegate" in the demexp
system.

> I can also bring you my knowledge of the transformation and safeguard of
> informations XML.

Yes, any expertise in XML will be much appreciated. What do you mean by
"safeguard of XML"?

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A