[Demexp-dev] Re: Interface between OCaml and Cduce

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Interface between OCaml and Cduce
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 17:25:05 +0100

Hello Serge,

Serge Leblanc <address@hidden> writes:

> Here the continuation,  I have just coded the save functions.

I'm sorry, I have not yet had the opportunity to test your code. It is
probably the worst attitude I could have for a free software
project. The end of november and december months are quite full for
me. At the very least, I'll look at it during december holidays.

My first feedback after reading your code:

 1. lines should be shorter than 80 characters;

 2. do you know about an emacs mode suitable to edit cduce code?

 3. I would like to stop at first error (rationale: it is not useful to
    load an apparently corrupted database. The XML file should not be
    written by hand but by a first saving of the bases) so raise an
    exception. However, for the error to be useful, I would like to
    provide XML file line and column number of the error (much like
    OCaml errors). Do you know if it is possible?

 4. in the definition of "type Xml_participant", it should be
    "Xml_group*" and not "Xml_group+": the groups are optional.

Let me know your opinion on these points.

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A