[Demexp-dev] Some nice upgrades in demexp software

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Some nice upgrades in demexp software
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 20:03:26 +0100

Hello,

I have made some interesting upgrades in the demexp client and server
(much requested by the beta testers :)

 - the client now remembers the previous vote;

 - I have optimized the number of RPCs needed to initial classification
   at client startup. It is not perfect but much better (from 4s to
   about 650ms to get some information);

 - I fixed an error in the server which was exiting at each Unix error
   (like a socket reseted by a peer);

 - the server RSS feed should now be compliant to RSS specs.

I have upgraded the server on tuxinette.

For the client, the above optimizations are available in client 0.3.7
(demexp--cduce--0.3--patch-46).

A binary of the client is available at:
http://www.linux-france.org/~dmentre/demexp/binaries/demexp-lablgtk2-client-0.3.7

Let me know if it works correctly for you. I consider this release as a
release candidate for stable version 0.4.

Enjoy your votes! ;)

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A