[Demexp-dev] Inclusion of ocaml-gettext in build infrastructure

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Inclusion of ocaml-gettext in build infrastructure
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 23:14:30 +0100

Hello Fred and demexp hackers,

I have included ocaml-gettext in the configure, Makefile and Co. The
code is now in the latest 0.7 dev tree. I haven't done anything to the
client code, except adding an "f_" call into
gtk2-clnt/demexp-gtk2-client.ml.nw for testing purpose.

So now, you can do the translation work! ;) (well, once you'll have
finished with your current duty)

Things to do:

 1. translate current string in po/fr.po corresponding to .glade
    interface;

 2. review all gtk2-clnt/*.nw code, add needed calls to f_ &
    Co. functions, and then translate them in po/fr.po file.

Of course, other readers of this list can also contribute patches and
translations. ;)

I think there is currently a bug in ocaml-gettext that fails on multiple
consecutive #: lines (see my previous email to Sylvain Le Gall), so one
might need to manually edit po/demexp.pot file after modifing source
files to remove those kinds of lines.

If one doesn't want to install all the demexp machinery but wants to do
some translations, I can send the fr.po file by email.

Discussion on translation should be done on demexp-dev@, except if one
has better suggestion.

Pointers on relevant documentation:
 gettext:
   http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_mono/gettext.html

 ocaml-gettext (in the menu on the left):
   http://webperso.easyconnect.fr/gildor/ocaml-gettext-documentation.html

Yours,
d.
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A