[Demexp-dev] [Sylvain Le Gall] Re: ocaml-gettext fails on multiple #: li

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] [Sylvain Le Gall] Re: ocaml-gettext fails on multiple #: lines
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:27:13 +0100

The answer of Sylvain to one of my question (ocaml-gettext doesn't
actually support multiple #: lines).

d.

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: ocaml-gettext fails on multiple #: lines Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 01:31:39 +0100 User-agent: Mutt/1.5.11
Hello,

On Sat, Jan 14, 2006 at 10:46:10PM +0100, David MENTRE wrote:
> Hello Sylvain,
>
> I'm making progress in my use of ocaml-gettext and gettext. ;)
>
> While playing with xgettext on Glade file, it seems that ocaml-gettext
> fails when parsing the following kind of output (generated by xgettext):
>
>  #: gtk2-clnt/demexp_gladeui.glade:742 gtk2-clnt/demexp_gladeui.glade:1471
>  #: gtk2-clnt/demexp_gladeui.glade:1681
>  msgid "Add response"
>  msgstr ""
>
> Here is the error message:
>
>  ocaml-gettext --action merge         \
>    --merge-pot po/demexp.pot po/fr.po
>  Error while processing parsing of PO file: "parse error" at line 92
> character 2.
>  An error occurs while processing.
>

> Removing the second #: or merging it in the first one lets ocaml-gettext
> continue.
>
> By the way, the error message is misleading, the error is in the POT
> file and not a PO one. Maybe giving the file name could be useful.
>
> Any idea on what is going wrong?

This bug is known, but not considered as grave, but as you have
experienced yourself, removing the second line fix it. In fact, i forget
to allow multiple line of #: in my parser/lexer/decoder.

I think it will fix this in my next release.

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall

ps: FYI, PO and POT are exactly the same kind of file, this is the
reason why you are getting a PO error, i will try to include the name of
the file.

--- End Message ---

--
 address@hidden