[Demexp-dev] Current status of development

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Current status of development
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 13:35:32 +0100

Hello,

As I'm the only one to develop on demexp and because there isn't much
traffic and discussions on this list, I think I could detail the current
status of demexp development.

Regarding planned features for 0.8 release[1], the remaining parts are:

 - French translation of GTK client (easy);

 - Improvement of web interface (a big task), with most notably the
   ability to save questions seen and voted for each user and the
   ability to display a tag hierarchy;

 - Translation of web interface in French (not very difficult but very
   boring because WDialog does not currently support translation
   catalogs).

As you have probably noticed, ;) I'm looking in more details at the web
technology, in order to see how I could implement the needed features of
the web interface. As the web has a lot of different technologies (CSS,
HTML, Javascript), this is not an easy task (but I hope to learn a few
things along the way).

I have also managed an access to a Windows machine so I could also
release one day Windows binaries.

Best wishes,
d.

Footnotes:
[1]
http://demexp.org/en/doku.php?id=software_developement_overview#planned_milestones
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A