[Demexp-dev] Switch to Mercurial as SCM

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Switch to Mercurial as SCM
Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:33:59 +0200

Hello,

>From now, I officially switch to Mercurial[1] as demexp SCM (Software
Configuration Management).

You'll find the list of repositories here:
  http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi

I wrote a small documentation that explains how to start with Mercurial:
  http://www.demexp.org/en/doku.php?id=mercurial_for_demexp
Let me know if this documentation is not clear.

Compared to my previous Arch setup, two things are currently lacking:

 - Automatic notification on demexp-cvs after a commit. I would like to
   make a notification each time I push changes to linux-france
   repository. The notify extension of Mercurial currently does not work
   on my setup. In the meantime, use RSS stream:

http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/demexp/hg/dev-0.7?cl=tip;style=rss

 - Upload as tarball of the latest sources after each commit. I don't
   know how to do that currently. But the crew (i.e. development)
   version of Mercurial should be able to server .tar.gz of any sources
   (at least, that works for mercurial itself).

Let me know if you have any issue when using it.

Best wishes,
d.

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi
--
pub  1024D/A3AD7A2A 2004-10-03 David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A