Re: preliminary xml tests with Drupal Re: [Demexp-dev] [hack] basic stru

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: preliminary xml tests with Drupal Re: [Demexp-dev] [hack] basic structure for an XML RPC <-> ONC RPC proxy for demexp in Python
Date: Sun, 03 Sep 2006 12:54:24 +0200

Hi,

Augustin <address@hidden> writes:

> Does this mean that I could either now or very soon actually connect to your
> demo server, via xml rpc?

I hope so soon, yes.

> so, for the call itself, there is no problem.

Nice.

> For the reply, though, I run into some error.
> I simulated the reply from the server by injecting the xml you gave me in the
> appropriate place:
>
> <?xml version='1.0'?>
> <methodResponse>
> <params>
> <param>
> <value><struct>
> <member>
> <name>q_id</name>
>
> The whole reply doesn't look like valid xml. I don't know the specs, but I
> find it strange to have such a deep nesting (member within struct within
> value within data within array within value within param...)

Deep nesting results from nesting on the ONC RPC side: I tend to group
similar things in record-like structures.

> <methodResponse>
>   <params>
>     <param>
>       <value>
>         <array>
>           <data>
>             <value>
>               <struct>
>                 <member>
>                   <name>q_id</name>
>                 </member>
>                 <member>
>                   <name>q_info_num_votes</name>
>                 </member>
>                 <member>
>
> Are you sure that's valid?

The structure is supposed to be valid (it is generated by Python XML RPC
module). However, Ethereal has probably mangled the resulting XML. I'll
try to get a better output for you to test.

> Can you explain the parameters 27948569, 0, 3 to me?
>
> Is that 3 questions starting from question 0 (i.e. 0, 1, 2) requested by user
> with cookie 27948569?

Yes.

> From your pdf, page 19:

If the doc is not clear, let me know, I'll fix it. Literate programming
is supposed to be understandable by other people than the main
programmer. :-)

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A