[Demexp-dev] Re: Problème avec le dépôt mercurial

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] Re: Problème avec le dépôt mercurial
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 00:06:08 +0200

Hello Christophe,

You'd better use demexp-dev@ for all questions related to development.

> Les archives diponibles via [1] sont toutes invalides:
> - le tar.gz est en fait une simple archive tar pesant 5 fois plus,

Are you sure? Have you tested with Firefox? Be careful that sometimes
Firefox uncompresses tarballs while keeping the .tar.gz suffix.

I tested with wget and it seems to work:
 wget
'http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/demexp/latest-dev?ca=tip;type=gz'

With Firefox, I observe the sam behaviour as yours.

> - l'archive zip est pour une fois lisible par un être humain, vu que son
> contenu est un listing du répertoire tout bête (Félix appréciera
> peut-être cette forme de compression avec perte plutôt originale)

Once again, it works with a wget:
 wget
'http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/demexp/latest-dev?ca=tip;type=zip'

> J'imagine que quelqu'un doit mettre à jour son script-fu :)
>
> [1] http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi

Ok, maybe Mercurial is buggy but from what I have tested, this is not
the case. Let me know if you have a way to reproduce this odd behaviour.

(few minutes later)

Oh, it reminds me of a discussion on Mercurial dev list where developers
were thinking of changing MIME type announced for archive download
because it had the above observed strange behaviour on Firefox. Maybe
latest stable release fixes that? I'll try to test it.

Best wishes,
d.
--
David Mentré - address@hidden