Re: [Demexp-dev] Compilation issue with demexp 0.7

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Compilation issue with demexp 0.7
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 14:24:27 +0200

Hello Thomas,

2006/9/28, Thomas Petazzoni <address@hidden>:
However, generation of the
static version of the server fails with an incredible amount of
messages.

Please note that the static version is probably not needed for a
package. The static version is only useful for me when I want to
upload a binary on a server where I can't compile on it.

That's said, I would like to understand why you have such a failure.

There are some warning messages like « warning: Using 'dlopen' in
statically linked applications requires at runtime the shared libraries
from the glibc version used for linking » (a dozen).

Those warning are not harmful. I always had then (but never managed to
understand exactly why[1]).

And then, hundreds of error messages like « (.text+0xda): undefined
reference to `gcry_mpi_print' /usr/lib/libgnutls.a(gnutls_dh.o): In
function `gnutls_calc_dh_key' ».

Everything seems to be related to the OCaml Curl module. But do you
have an idea of what could be wrong ?

The compilation log is available at http://thomas.enix.org/pub/log

Well, I can't say nothing from such logs. Could you recompile adding
-verbose option to ocamlompt and include the whole compilation log?

-verbose
   Print all external commands before they are executed, in
particular invocations of the assembler, C compiler, and linker.

Best whishes,
d.

[1]
http://caml.inria.fr/pub/ml-archives/caml-list/2004/02/203ed11d4a47310d215eb2360b8c48d8.en.html