Re: [Demexp-dev] TOP invitation to programmers.

From: Frederic Lehobey
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] TOP invitation to programmers.
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 20:24:25 +0200

Hi,

You replied to me only (a mistake?), but I keep demexp-dev in Cc:.
Hope you do not mind.

On Mon, Oct 02, 2006 at 08:06:39PM +0200, ketty . wrote:
> On 10/2/06, Frederic Lehobey <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >It is correct the current voting method is Condorcet (and this choice
> >is not random) but other voting methods might be implemented
> >too. Patches are welcome.  :-)
>
> [...]
>
> >Currently, no. But everything is open. It is free software. This need
> >has already been expressed. Please provide the patches.  :-)
>

> Yes, i plan to :-)

That you be so kind of you.   :-)

> >2. Special powers.
> >> I am all for special grouping of users. For example you might want to
> >> differate between users above and below 18 years of age (or another
> >> arbitrary age). And you might wish to group users into geographical
> >areas as
> >> is common in politics today. The techology should make possible such
> >uses.
> >> How it is used in practice should be decided by users.
> >
> >Same as above. Beyond the technical points, philosophically, I
> >somewhat disagree with this point of view. But it does not prevent it
> >from being implemented in the software.
>

> Yes, my point is that the software should not implement a political POV but
> leave that to users.
> And the current implementation of demexp does not give some people special
> powers. It allows the users of it to give distribute "powers". You could
> make every user a "classifier" if you deemed that apropriate. So there is
> not a problem now, and i don't think there will be one. :)

Yes, I completely agree.

With respect to patch inclusion, as the main author, David is our
benvolent dictator.  :-)  As he will have to maintain the patched
version you will need to have him understand the patch (as usual with
free software). I do not think there will be any problem either. :)

Experimentally,
Frédéric Lehobey