Re: [Demexp-dev] A comment on Drupal interface used for votes

From: David MENTRE
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A comment on Drupal interface used for votes
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:56:13 +0200

Hi Augustin,

2006/10/9, Augustin <address@hidden>:
The thing is that the cgi script you point to relies exclusively on
javascript.

No. http://www.linux-france.org/cgi-bin/demexpweb.cgi is using only
plain HTML (look at the generated code) with hidden forms.

We already agreed that there should be a non-javascript solution working
first, for people who don't wish to have javascript enabled (or cannot have
it enabled - it is also an accessibility problem).

Yes.

So, I agree with you, the design is not optimal. But it works for now.
What I CAN do, is make the ballot shorter, by removing the line breaks.

Instead of having:

Your choice nb 1:
 SELECT
Your choice nb 2:
 SELECT
Your choice nb 3:
 SELECT

We can have:

nb 1: SELECT
nb 2: SELECT
nb 3: SELECT

Shall I do that?

Yes, it would improve the interface.

*But* the number of possible answers can be quite high (until 1024 in
current server).

Best wishes,
d.