[Demexp-dev] French i18n for web interface (demexpweb.cgi) and note abou

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Demexp-dev] French i18n for web interface (demexpweb.cgi) and note about i18n support
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 22:17:40 +0200

Hello Ketty,

I've made a very quick French translation of your new demexpweb.cgi
interface. Very quick and dirty, it will need a review in the future.

BTW, I notice you wrote sometimes code that way:

web/pages.ml.nw:      error (s_"Can't remove tag #"^id);

In order to support all languages, you should never construct translated
strings from pieces but always use a single string with several place
holders. A language might need a different order. In that particular
case, you should use:

                      error (Printf.sprintf (f_ "Can't remove tag #%d") id))

I also noticed that you have nearly the same string except a single
space:

#: web/pages.ml:758
msgid "With this link:"
msgstr "Avec ce lien :"

#: web/pages.ml:892
msgid "With this link: "
msgstr "Avec ce lien : "

Best wishes,
d.
--
GPG/PGP key: A3AD7A2A David MENTRE <address@hidden>
 5996 CC46 4612 9CA4 3562  D7AC 6C67 9E96 A3AD 7A2A