Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation

From: Felix HENRY
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] A simple path for delegation
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:18:12 +0100

Hi David,

Hello,

I thought about the delegation system of demexp and I think I'll try to
implement a simple scheme, following Jérémy's original idea: implement
a kind of vote Vote_as("delegate_name") in each question[1].

I just re-read this approach. Althought I do not understand everything I believe
that this consists in assigning a delegate individually on each question one wants
to delegate, and the "score" of the delegate will be incremented by 1 while the score
of the delegator becomes 0. Am I right? If Yes I don't understand what happens when
someone who has delegated his vote recieves a delegation on the same question.

This scheme has several advantages:

* it is simple: for each question, it is easy to compute the weight of
   each delegate and the vote result;

Ok.

* it does not rely on classification. While the client will certainly
   use the classification to compute to which delegate one should
   delegate a given question, the delegation system itself is orthogonal
   to the classification system, allowing to change one without disturbing
   the other;

This is a strong point: it allows to obtain delegation without having to code  a specific
structure.

* it pushes all the complexity of delegation computation to the
   client, which makes the scheme more scalable.

Ok.

Feel free to comment if you see drawbacks in such a scheme.

Of course I would say go ahead!

   Félix