Re: [Demexp-dev] Web Client Interface [status]

From: Lyu Abe
Subject: Re: [Demexp-dev] Web Client Interface [status]
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 01:26:15 +0900

I also need to figure out how to retrieve and display correct question
tags ("Categorie").

See chapters 3.3.5 and 3.3.6 starting at page 21 of demexp book.

To get tags and their label, use RPC:
 * max_tag_id()
 * tag_info()

To get the set of tags assigned to a set of questions, use RPC:
 * tag_set_of_question_group()

(get_question_tag() is a similar and simplified RPC but it is now
deprecated because of performance reason. Try to avoid it.)

As usual, ask questions if you have issues. ;-)

Okay.

Next, I want to find some ways to access question details (responses,
votes, and other details if we want to include them).

Most of this should be returned by question_info(), so you have all
the needed information at hand. :-)

Yes, I could actually retrieve all these information and display them without problems. I was just talking about the way to organize this "consulting response" step... open a new page - simplest, or maybe later, a more "sophisticated" method using javascripts(?): for example unhiding a sub-window with all the informations just below the question. But apart from this probably nicer visual effect, we have to think about its overall "readability". Probably a new page with only one question at a time and all the infos is better.

I am thinking about a "question tracker" that could allow the user to quickly jump to an already consulted question...

By the way, would there be any problem (server side) to open several individual "question pages" in different tabs (in FF and IE7)?

        Lyu.

Yours,
d.