Re: [Denemo-devel] Current State of Menus

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Current State of Menus
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 17:42:00 +0000

> > File->Export  ->Midi
> >               ->Csound
> >               ->Ly
> >               ->abc
> >               ->dnm
> >               ->(possible other plugin filters go here)
> >
> IMHO, i agree totally to have an Export submenu and an Import submenu.
> The "Save (as)" should be only focused in .dnm files for people who are
> troubled with import/export word fashion.

We need to be a little careful here: some users want to have lilypond
as their format for saving (and loading) denemo files.
It would be a great nuisance if they could not simply save from time to time,
without having to go through a dialog
explaining that, yes, they do want to save as lilypond. Normally programs (gimp,
OO etc) allow you to save in formats that can be read back in, and to set your
preference for which format you want to use (either on the first save or
globally
as a user preference default).