Re: [Denemo-devel] Release

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:15:38 +0100

good work!
I believe that /usr/ is meant to be used for files visible to everyone
on the network and /usr/local is visible to everyone logged into the
local machine. They may require different permissions.
If you have a single machine then they are both visible to the same
people and are writable by the same superuser.
If I'm right about this (I've never read it up, I'm just guessing)
then /usr/local is the one that more people will be able to use. The
option to install to the user's home directory would be even more
friendly.
Richard