Re: [Denemo-devel] Trying to compile 0.7.7

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Trying to compile 0.7.7
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 09:00:35 +0100

On Sun, 2008-04-20 at 15:40 -0700, Bob van der Poel wrote:
> Just doing some snooping. I have some portaudio files which came with
> the aucacity source. It appears that PaTimeStamp IS defined in
> portaudio, but NOT in portaudio19. I _think_ that 19 is the newer
> version (well, it says it's beta but stable). I don't know what the
> differences between the packages are, but I think there is a conflict here.
It looks like the problem is that I've put an include of <portaudio.h>
which may mean that the compiler prefers system-wide versions, while I
have a version in the denemo/src directory. I don't know whether this
file is customised in any way - some chickens coming home to roost here,
I'm afraid. If you have the time, could you change the line
#include <portaudio.h>
#include "portaudio.h"
in the file audiocapture.c and see if that fixes it? It may, or it may
be that the compiler still looks in system directories first (but I
don't expect so). If it works I'll change the source. On my box, even
though there is a /usr/include/portaudio.h it picks up the file
denemo/src/portaudio.h
So it would seem that something in your environment is changing the
order of search.
The other experiment you could do along those lines is to delete the
denemo/src/portaudio.h and see if that step in the make is unchanged.
But I understand life is short...