Re: [Denemo-devel] Downloads

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Downloads
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 17:29:30 +0100

On Tue, 2008-06-17 at 11:06 +0200, N. Gey wrote:
> ok. then lets get this on the way.
> But the Download location doesn't matter for the link.
Yes, of course, this occurred to me after I emailed, and I return to
find you have sorted it all out. It is much better to host everything in
one place Savannah and make user-freindly links from denemo.org.

> I suggest that all files can be found in the savannah download section
> and we link binaries directly.
>
> Another thing that speaks against hosting downloads on denemo.org (the
> server) is that all traffic will be on Jeremiahs Server. I don't know
> what the payments are, but download traffic on private servers is not a
> good thing.
>

> Let me repeat it all:
>
> 1) Binaries for Windows and Mac are linked on denemo.org but hosted on
> savannah.
>
> 1b) Do Packages count as bins or source? Does anybody know how the
> packaging system of major distributions works?
Not specifically, but they don't require that you have a compiler, so
they are (rather do contain) binary images of executable code.

> How can we get denemo to
> be more uptodate in the packaging-systems?
>
> 1c) Source Releases, tarballs, are hosted on savannah. (Mainly
> intersting for linux people) Since there are no plans on real bins
?? the .deb package does contain the executable denemo program.