Re: [Denemo-devel] Three bugs

From: Jean-René Reinhard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Three bugs
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:58:49 +0200

Le Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 05:49:01PM +0100, Richard Shann écrivait:

> On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 10:07 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> >
> > 1) Somewhere (I suspect in kbd-custom.c) a GTK_TREE_MODEL is accessed
> > when it is a NULL pointer. I can't reproduce this bug yet, but it
> > crashed out on me when adding a keybinding and gtk gave a critical
> > warning as it went.
> I've found this and checked in a workaround. You can get the coredump by
> left clicking Insert/Edit Lilypond and in the dialog adding L as
> keybinding. Then do the same for postfix LilyPond adding l as
> keybinding. Then set quick shortcut edits (in the Edit->keyboard
> settings menu) then return to the menu and hover over Insert/Edit
> LilyPond a press l
> it coredumps here at line 677 of kbd-custom.c because the_keymap passed
> in is NULL.
> I've caught this in the check in & popped up a dialog. Jean-Rene`
> perhaps you have a better idea of what is wrong.
> Richard

Your fix did not stop the seg fault for me. But the bug was easy to fix. A
callback set in the keymap dialog, but not unset when leaving the dialog, tried
to delete a binding that was already removed by code in the handling of quick
edit. I have fixed this.

I have also removed all the accelerator handling code, removed load_accels,
removed the accels of the menus using stock ids (New, save, ...) and fixed quick
edit so that it does not accept modifier keys alone.

Cheers,
Jean-René