Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo.org is google #1

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo.org is google #1
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2008 23:37:59 +0100

On Sat, 2008-07-05 at 23:54 +0200, Nils Gey wrote:
> > I think Denemo may at last be about to leave the ground.
> > Are there still outstanding issues blocking release?
> > Richard
>
> Since you can count the developers in this list with one hand and since these
> question was here several times in the near past it seems that there is
> nothing blocking.

Well, there have been issues - and my fix for the keybindings in
multiple windows may not be as elegant as what Jean-Rene may have been
working on, and no-one has reported back on building with portaudio V19
(I guess you have that?).
But, yes, I think we should declare a code freeze for the release now,
and have a good hunt for anything broken.

> As far as I know, as a User, the git-version can be compiled easily.
>
> Maybe the manual could be filled with more information. This leads to two
> questions:
>
> 1)I can't find the option to beginn with a non-complete measure (just one
> quarter in 4/4). I don't know the word in English. Auftakt.
Sometimes called an upbeat, or (in American, I think) a pickup. Or maybe
that is just girls :-)
Inside the code there is some sign that someone tried to do it, but at
the moment it is a LilyPond insert job, for which I have given an
example. You have to know how to express the length of the upbeat in
LilyPond-speak (so \partial 4 does a quarter note if I recall
correctly).
> 2)Same for Repeat-signs. Where are there hidden? I only found one somewhere
> deep in "Other commands" but I didn't got that working.
Same story, for a simple repeat bar line you do \bar ":|"
(and there are \bar ":|:" and \bar "||" as well). For a repeat with
first and second time bars you have to bracket the music with \repeat
Again, see the examples and look at the LilyPond text window.

Once my custom LilyPond commands thing is working these will be commands
that you can keep in your menu-system and assign keypresses to.