Re: [Denemo-devel] compiling and midiinput

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] compiling and midiinput
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:29:15 +0100

On Fri, 2008-07-11 at 10:13 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/eric/denemo/plugins »
> > make: *** [install-recursive] Erreur 1
so did you configure with --plugins or something?

> > best regards
>
> The midi input plugin is not finished. I like the plugin idea but
> AFAIK
> none of the plugins actually work right now.
Can we leave them out for now? (Another thing worth removing would be
the *test* files in the toplevel directory - they won't be resurrected
for a long time, if ever, as they were inappropriate for a program at
this level of maturity).
I suggest removing this stuff because having things present which might
indicate there is something there to be usefully invoked is
counter-productive. With git it is no problem at all to bring things
back when we want them, as I was learning at the GNU Hackers' meeting
today.
BTW  Jeremiah/Nils it seems you made the right choice going for git
rather than SVN. See the Ian Jackson's talk from the meeting on
http://www.river-valley.tv (hmm, actually, I see it's not quite there
yet...).