[Denemo-devel] Compiling denemo under fedora

From: Roy Rankin
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Compiling denemo under fedora
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:47:38 +1000

In order to take a look at Denemo reading its own lilypond files, I have downloaded and compiled Denemo under Fedora 8. Although 6 months ago I had the development version running, I found it a bit of effort to get the current version compiled under Fedora 8. I hope this might help others doing this.

First I had to download Git. No problems, but I was not excited to add another versioning package as I already had CVS and SVN.

I then downloaded Denemo and found it now depends on aubio. I could not find a Fedora package of aubio (this may be an issue for potential Fedora users of Denemo), so I found the source tar ball for aubio.

Aubio says it requires fftw3 and jack(optional), but it also depends on alsa libsamplerate, libsndfile and lash. The first three packages have different names in Fedora, new packages I needed to download to compile aubio and Denemo:

        For             Fedora 8 (9) load via yum
        ---             ------------
        fftw3           fftw-devel
        jack            jack-audio-connection-kit-devel
        alsa            alsa-lib-devel
        libsamplerate   libsamplerate-devel
        libsndfile      libsndfile-devel
        flac            flac-devel
        lash            lash-devel
        portaudio       portaudio-devel

Anyway, I have finally compiled Denemo and I am looking at the Lilypond parsing.

Regards,
Roy Rankin