Re: [Denemo-devel] compiling and install and midi file import

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] compiling and install and midi file import
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:09:01 +0100

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 12:27 +0200, Eric Streit wrote:

> hi,
>
> I got just now a new denemo source tree (debian/etch):
>
> here are the results:
>
> 1) compiling : OK
>
> but: the ./configure command gave this warning:
>
> *****
> config.status: WARNING:  po/Makefile.in.in seems to ignore the
> - --datarootdir setting

I reported this warning, but it seems everyone gets it and it is not
known to be the cause of the problem below.

> *****
>

> 2) Install:
>
> after that, the "make install" command failed with this message:
>
> *****
> Making install in po
> make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/eric/denemo/po »
> /bin/sh .././mkinstalldirs /usr/local/share
> /bin/sh: .././mkinstalldirs: Aucun fichier ou répertoire de ce type
> make[1]: *** [install-data-yes] Erreur 127
> make[1]: quittant le répertoire « /home/eric/denemo/po »
> make: *** [install-recursive] Erreur 1
> *****
I used to get this all the time - everytime I had to edit Makefile to
take out the SUBDIR po and it would then work.
Then it stopped happening, but I never found out why.

> I think that the 2 messages are related. (and yes, the needed
> directories are there with good permissions.)
It seems they may not be

> I did a "make install -k" to finish the process.
Does that -k avoid having to edit the Makefile like I used to?

> 3) midi import:
>
> I tried to import the same file I sent you before:
>
> The import is not very accurate: I join 2 screenshots to show, one
> import with denemo, the other with noteedit.
Jeremiah is improving this I think,
Richard