Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo in Fedora

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo in Fedora
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2008 06:57:14 -0500

On Sat, 2008-08-02 at 16:39 +1000, Roy Rankin wrote:
> I have been investigating what it would take to get Denemo included in
> the Fedora distribution, something which I am willing to drive.
>
> In my investigation the following has come up.
>
> 1. The spec file I submitted violates quite a few of the MUST conditions
> of a Fedora spec file. I have resolved most of these issues in my local
> copy.

Please send this updated spec file to me.

> 2. Installing include files - Why does Denemo install the .h files? Are
> they of any use to someone who runs Denemo. This issue arises because
> Fedora requires all .h files to be in a second RPM (denemo-devel).
> Currently I have put a work-around into the spec file not to include
> these files.

I don't understand what is doing that. I don't have any .h files
installed. when I do a make install.

> 3. The file /usr/share/denemo/denemo.conf is a configuration file which
> can be changed for system wide configuration.  The Filesystem Hierarchy
> Standard states that /usr is for read-only files and the Fedora standard
> states that configuration files should not be in /usr. I believe this
> file should be in /etc/denemo, however, this requires a coding change in
> Denemo.

Ok. This is a simple change.  I would have to change where denemo looks
for the .conf file. How is this done in windows?  There are some other
things I have found that need to be fixed. I will fix them and upload a
new tarball. Please send me your updates.

Jeremiah