Re: [Denemo-devel] Building denemo on Debian Etch

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Building denemo on Debian Etch
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2008 17:45:23 +0800

I do not think this is a Denemo issue as the error message in configure is a macro which did not get replaced with the proper code because on the missing programs called by autogen,sh

Roy

On Sat Aug 9 17:19 , Richard Shann sent:

On Sat, 2008-08-09 at 17:02 +0800, address@hidden wrote:

> In Fedora you would be missing the packages automake and libtool.

- in Debian (done by the netinst thing) I was missing almost everything
for development, which surprised me, I thought that was a Ubuntu style
thing.
I guess once one of this year's releases of Denemo gets into Debian it
would be possible to get the dependencies (libaubio etc) just by
installing that first using the package manager and then building from
the git sources.
I'm bothered that the error message from ./configure may mean that
something has been broken in the release. I guess perhaps I should
download the tarball for 0.7.9 and try and build it.