Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Transpose
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 19:18:59 +0100

> Also when I tried to compile generate_source it complained:
>
> generate_source.c:282: error: âGTK_STOCK_NEWâ undeclared here (not in a
> function)

We don't really want these in the interface anyway, before the printf test if
this
field is NULL and don't output anything for them.

> Also when I tried to compile generate_source it complained:
>
> generate_source.c:282: error: âGTK_STOCK_NEWâ undeclared here (not in a
> function)

Sorry - I was just doing this off the top of my head - the ICON field isn't
there at all, it will need to be added
to the structure like this
struct name_and_function
{
  unsigned category;
  /** Command name */
  char *icon;
  char *menu_label;
  char *tooltip;
  char *name;
  char* function;
};
and it should be "GTK_STOCK_NEW" (with the quotes) so that it can be printed
without, so as to appear in the
entries.h as a literal (it is a gtk macro).
The menu_label field is there in case it is different from the name field. I'm
not sure we need it (I can't really
remember where it came from or what it was about). Actually, if you don't need
menu_label you could re-use it for
the icon field.

I've done some more thinking about whole thing, and I am sure it is a winner. I
will arrange the menuitem insertion thing
when I get back, then a script will be able to insert a menuitem which when
invoked calls a script (in any of the
scripting languages we support), so all that stuff I was proposing under the
thread "Custom Menus"
can be done with this mechanism. I will do some thinking about how we can make
the parameter type thing nice and
intuitive.

BTW - I am replying this to the email on the mailing list - it has never been
delivered to my mailbox... I just happened to
look at the mailing list archive...