Re: [Denemo-devel] Scripting mode changes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scripting mode changes
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:36:23 +0100

On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 14:12 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-08-22 at 17:28 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks, I will need that for transposition since there is no function to
> > > to do anything like change_note_n_half_steps().
> > I think that reading/writing note values should be a high priority - I
> > don't have the meaning of cursor_y etc at my fingertips, I have an awful
> > feeling it may be that the pitch of the note depends on some prevailing
> > value (ie something stored elsewhere in si, like si->currentaccs
> > clef...).
>
> importmidi enters note values and does not use cursor_y. It sets
> cursor_x = 0 when a new staff is created. This is to ensure that the
> notes are placed at the beginning of the staff. Importmidi adds notes to
> the staff using the function dnm_addtone(). It does use
>  mididata->gui->si->cursorclef as an argument. This function also
> requires that
>
> DenemoObject *mudela_obj_new = new_dnm_object
> (length,mididata->leftover);
>
> because dnm_addtone requires that a DenemoObject be created and defined
> and added as an argument.
>
> If there is no function already I propose we write a function that wraps
> up the following:
>
> enternote_function(gint *pitch, duration)
What is the value of pitch for middle c and for any other note?
What is the value of duration for a quarter note? and any other?
Is c-sharp and d-flat being represented by the same values on entry to
this function?
Given a pitch can we calculate pitch + minor 3rd?
do you see what I am getting at? It may be very simple, but I don't feel
I've ever got to grips with it.