Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme book

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Scheme book
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 19:06:32 -0500

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 19:17 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 12:41 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> > Richard it is to early to start documenting the scheme functionality?
> Yes, its too early.
> I have just changed the interface from
> (CursorRight)
> for asking denemo to do CursorRight action
> to (denemo dnm_CursorRight) and I think we will probably end up with
> (dnm_CursorRight)
> The change at the moment was a switch to passing in the pointer to the
> action rather than defining a procedure in scheme. But I will wrap this
> in a procedure anyway. I'm guessing we need to avoid name clashes - we
> can define new actions in Denemo now, and it could be difficult to avoid
> them clashing with scheme definitions.
> What we will need real soon (and I am not working on) is C-code that
> takes a DenemoNote (or whatever its called) and returns the note in
> LilyPond - the gist of it must be in lilypondexport.c

Actually part of it is in exportlilypond.c where it can't be reused and
some of it is in utils.c. I wrapped this up and put it utils.c do you
think it would be better to have it in exportlilypond.c? The interface
looks like this:

gchar *mid_c_offsettolily (int mid_c_offset, int enshift)

It returns a pointer and will need to be freed. Is the above 2 input
arguments okay. If not then we could pass a struct note, that is
contained in a denemo chord object, and have the mid_c_offset and
enshift extrapolated from it. The struct note has a many things in it
like stem directive and all that. We could keep it two arguments or make
a smaller struct that only contains mid_c_offset and enshift. I can't
seem to test this because when trying to compile denemo with ./configure
--enable-debug I am getting:

kbd-custom.c:1297: error: ‘command_idx’ undeclared (first use in this
function)
kbd-custom.c:1297: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only
once
kbd-custom.c:1297: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [kbd-custom.o] Error 1

I will work on getting something that goes the other way.

Jeremiah