[Denemo-devel] [bug #23883] menu items are not translated though message

From: Stefan Osswald
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #23883] menu items are not translated though message catalog exists
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 17:29:28 +0000

Follow-up Comment #4, bug #23883 (project denemo):

I tested Denemo using the French locale. It works for me, the menus appear in
French now.

Sorry for being imprecise about how to update the message catalog. I meant
that the message catalog template po/denemo.pot in the git repository is
outdated (about 260 message strings are missing). For efficiency reasons, make
never updates .pot files during regular builds. You have to update .pot files
manually:

* Call ./configure to include the changes in po/POTFILES.in to po/Makefile.
* Force make to update the message catalog:
** cd po/
** make denemo.pot-update
* Call make without arguments to do a regular build.

Make merges the new message template with the existing .po files, so
translators can continue to translate their language files without having to
rebuild the entire message catalog first.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?23883>

  Nachricht geschickt von/durch Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/