[Denemo-devel] Showing lilypond text editing window

From: Neil Johnson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Showing lilypond text editing window
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 23:33:26 -0600

Hi all,

I am running denemo on a Ubuntu machine, and it is a great
program...exactly what I've been looking for for years now.  I've done
some entry into denemo, and found that things work as expected most of
the time.  However, occasionally, there are errors in the lilypond
output.  I read in the docs that there is supposed to be a lilypond
text editing window that is accessible in the View menu...well, it
doesn't exist on my machine.  I went ahead and grabbed the source and
got it compiling.  I looked in view.c and sure enough, there's a
callback function for "toggle_lilytext", but it doesn't call
anything...and the menu item doesn't even appear in my menu.  Am I
missing something?  I'm using version 0.7.9 (my current compiled
version from git) and I've also installed the binary for version
0.7.8.  The same thing happens in both.  Is this distro-specific?
Thanks,

--
Neil Johnson
Systems Engineer