Re: Scheme Interface (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff menu transpose)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Scheme Interface (was Re: [Denemo-devel] Staff menu transpose)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:36:03 +0100

On Mon, 2008-09-22 at 09:58 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> >  Is there a list of scheme
> > functions other then the actually menu itself?
> Not yet. But I think I know what it will be like now.

There will be another part of the Scheme interface that will need
documenting, that I didn't list in the last email. The dialogs for
setting multiple fields have to have identifiers defined for each field
that we want to be able to set from Scheme. The actual code doing this
will be in each callback function, and hence not all in one place.
So far, the only one is the Staff Properties dialog, where I have
defined two identfiers by the code (staffpropdialog.c):

      SET_STRING("staff-prolog-insert", staff_prolog_insert);
      SET_STRING("voice-prolog-insert", voice_prolog_insert);
These I have put to use in the new menuitem "SmallerStaff" which I have
checked in to git under
actions/menus/ObjectMenu/StaffMenu/SmallerStaff

The purpose of this new menu item (by the way) is to make the current
staff print out in a smaller size than the others (as when an
accompanist has a small staff to show what the soloist is doing, while
his own part is full size. It saves space on the page, avoiding page
turns).