Re: [Denemo-devel] error on starting running 0.7.6 denemo win32

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] error on starting running 0.7.6 denemo win32
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 2008 11:48:03 +0100

On Tue, 2008-10-07 at 14:43 +0100, Charlie Ledocq wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I have found version denemo 0.7.6 beta3 win32 setup.exe and have
> installed it after uninstalling the existing 0.7.9 and deleted
> c:\Program Files\denemo and c:\Documents and
> settings\HP_Proprietaire\.denemo directories, erased the Path.
> ...;c:\Program Files\denemo\bin and restarted PC.
> When executing denemo.exe, it goes a little farther but stops on a white
> dialog box together with error wrning dialog box and the DOS dialog box
> as given on the attached screenshot.
> It seems that denemo create an empty .denemo directory which causes
> error...?
The only thing I notice is that your home directory (that is shown in
the email as
c:\Program Files\denemo and c:\Documents and settings\HP_Proprietaire
contains a non-ascii character for the first e in Proprietaire. It may
be that Denemo does not handle filenames correctly if they are not plain
ascii - it should do, but it may well not.
I would try either creating a new user with an ascii home directory
name, or changing the home directory (I think you may need to do moare
than just rename the folder - it depends if Windows keeps track of where
it has gone - you may need to go into the Control Panel...users stuff).