[Denemo-devel] Re: denemo 0.7.8 - missing file "keymaprc"?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Re: denemo 0.7.8 - missing file "keymaprc"?
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:51:33 +0000

On Sun, 2008-10-26 at 14:41 +0100, Charlie Ledocq wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> Richard Shann a écrit :
> > > Note that there is a libaubio.so.2  (written with 2 b's) requested;
> > > should'nt it be libaudio.so.2 instead? (I could manage with that by
> > >
> > Nooooooooooooo! the name aubio is a little joke by the author of the
> > package, libaubio is the pitch recognition package,and sometimes it
> > makes mistakes, like aubio instead of audio.
> >
> > >  copying and renaming a libaubio.so.2...!).
> > >
> What do I Have to do?
Just install the packages (no renaming). In particular, you have to
install the libaubio package.
>  suppress libaubio.so.2 that is a renamed copy of libaudio.so.2? or
> what else? if no, the dependency libaudio.so.2 is said to be
> missing!..!?

There are Linux distros without libaubio (see earlier mailings about
Fedora). I think you can just download and install it from aubio.org

> > > The keymaprc file seems not to be present.
> > >
> > That's ok - it would only be there if you had used an old version. You
> > do not want it.
> hum! It should be nice to have it...instead clicking 3 for a
> quarter ...s for an half rest... etc...
??? there is a keymap with the new version - just not called keymaprc,
it's now a complete command customization file called Default.cmdset.
When you get this up, I hope you can customize it for French
keyboards...
> >  (The "ok" at the end of the keymap loading messages is
> > about the only thing that it says that is helpful!)
> >

> > >  I get a "rest and entry"row " 0 1 2 3 4 ...s t u v..." in place of
> > > the symbols of notes and rests.
> > >
> > This is a failure to find the font denemo.ttf which should have been
> > installed somewhere (that font has the note symbols at those letters).
> >
> Denemo.ttf is installed  in
> /usr/local/share/fonts/truetype/denemo/Denemo.ttf
> Should it be installed somewhere else instead? where?

That's where it is in my installation - there is stuff to tell your
system where the fonts are, which I guess is not set for that place. As
I recall you can look for where other fonts are and put it there to get
picked up. I tracked this stuff down using strace.

> ps: I'll get a look to define a nex user with administrator rights;
> but how will denemo get installed for that user?
Run the installer program when you have switched to that user. It picks
up your user name. It is a probably a bug in Denemo if it does not
handle accented characters properly - the gtk library that it uses does.