Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Beginner's questions
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 16:06:28 +0000

On Thu, 2008-12-04 at 12:12 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 December 2008 16:36:57 Richard Shann wrote:
> > On Wed, 2008-12-03 at 16:57 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
> [...]
> > > 1.        The package includes the template choral/SATB-Piano.denemo, and
> > > I'd
> > > like to know whether a similar one exists for TTBB with piano.
> >
> > Once you have created it once do Template Save, and it will store it for
> > you locally. And if you send it to this list we can put it in.
>
> Is this the sort of thing (attached)?

Yes, though you did not include the up/down stem stuff. I've added this
and pushed the result to the git repository. Oh, and I've added the
choir context start end as well (see under staff->properties) and some
sample notes (though these belong more to an example than a template).
BTW it is much easier to write music in denemo using Staffs->Split
Voices and the do join voices at the end. The display of the stem
up/down directives in particular does not respect the fact that there is
more than one voice on the staff, so it looks bad while the voices are
joined.