Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows build.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Windows build.
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:38:43 +0000

On Sun, 2008-12-21 at 19:56 +0100, Till Hartmann wrote:
> Richard Shann schrieb:
> > There have been another 20 or so downloads of the fixed version. Thanks
> > to Cesar P. who has reported that (unfortunately) it still did not work
> > for him. More feed back would be welcome - one example could be
> > something else...
> > Richard

> I was just able to test the windows build on my machine, and I got an
> error that I used to receive when using denemo without "sudo make
> install"ing on Ubuntu: 'some icons will not display properly, but
> program will run ok.'. However, the program doesn't even run at all,
> denemo.exe exits when you click away that message. Maybe there's
> something missing in the installation script?
The icon message can probably be fixed by running the executable

c:\program files\denemo\bin\gtk-query-pixbufloaders.exe
(I think the output has to be put in a file), it perhaps needs doing at
installation time.
The program then exits for an unknown reason for some machines (not mine
unfortunately, nor my mother's) and my current favorite hypothesis is
that there is something wrong in Guile. (Check that the environment
variable GUILE_LOAD_PATH is correctly set).