[Denemo-devel] Logos once again

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Logos once again
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 00:45:33 +0100

Hi list,

I still believe Denemo needs to be a bit more beautiful before it gets 1.0 and
finally kicks Finale and Sibelius out of the door. On step is still a nice logo.
I compiled a few new ones and a few old ones together and attached them to this
mail.

Of course all these logos still can be "pimped" with nice web2.0 effects and
colors, but all these are avaible in b/w.

Number 5 is a sketch from Thorsten Wilms. Rest is my work.
I still prefer number 4.

I once again tried several music-symbols including note-lines, all keys that I
know (which are all there are, I think), several old-, new- and exotic
avantgard-symbols and I have to say all failed in my eyes. Its just gets
totally cliche.

I think it could be nice to have a real picture/icon for Denemo but other
technical apps have the same problem and just use animal-pictures and names.
While saying this, a lot of linux apps actually use animals... tux, gnu,
firefox... probably a nightingale, but then it would lose the print-character
Denemo certainly has. Its not an app to create Sounds, its to create Notes. And
no animal creates notation. Next thing would be simple, abstract, geometric
symbols which are all "taken" already and are not that good to remember and
creative. The geometric forms niveau-level#2 are mostly taken by religions,
ideologies and other stuff that is around for a few hundred to thousend years
and I think we do not want to use a Cross, Moon or Hakenkreuz for Denemo.

Several steps after these thoughts I just took the Letters itself.

Probably you get some ideas or impressions or actually like one of these
already.

Nils