[Denemo-devel] Bugs and issues

From: Nils Gey
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Bugs and issues
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 21:04:53 +0100

Today I worked on some relative big composition. Theses issues hindered my
workflow:

1)No dynamics (p,mp,f..)on (real)chords in lilypond output (but in Denemo)

2)The "end" key jumps to the actual end of the movement. It would be more
elegant to jump to the last note in the current selected staff. Or probably
this is just a second function so you have Jump to End I + II.

3)The (Fake)Chords/Chord-Signs are very useful but they have limits. For
example the lilypond syntax c/g is not possible. Well, it is possible if you
enter a figure like this: "c/g d:m" so the x/y figure is followed by something
"normal". But most of the time I want to bind a fake-chord on one single note.
I bet there are more complex chords which are not possible right now.

4)Gathering 2, 3 or more lilypond-directive at one place could easily destroy
you lilypond file because they do not see when it ends. It happens very often
when you do something like \bar ":|" and then some announcement \mark "Part 4"
and something else.
Can't this be solved if any lilypond-directive gets an forced Return/Enter at
its end?

5)When "delete" a (fake)chord/chord-sign, which means to erase/blank the value
the lilypond output becomes broken. You have to delete the note or to enter a
new value. Unfortunatly the denemo/lilypond-error-output is very cryptic,
especially for beginners, so it can result in a long search and/or panic
because your piece is unsable after that.

x)Copy&Paste is totally broken :) Just to remind you all...