Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print Preview Pane.
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:29:01 -0600

On Wed, 2009-02-11 at 08:50 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-02-03 at 19:13 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> > I have created a print preview pane. It is currently populated by
> > running Print Excerpt from the File menu.
> > On my LilyPond (2.8.7) I notice that the .png output is defective -
> > uneven length lines of music. Does anyone else see this?

Maybe adjusting line-width will fix this.

Copied from the manual:

4.5.4 Line length
The most basic settings influencing the spacing are indent and
line-width. They are set in the \layout block. They control the
indentation of the first line of music, and the lengths of the lines.

If ragged-right is set to true in the \layout block, then systems ends
at their natural horizontal length, instead of being spread horizontally
to fill the whole line. This is useful for short fragments, and for
checking how tight the natural spacing is.

The option ragged-last is similar to ragged-right, but only affects the
last line of the piece. No restrictions are put on that line. The result
is similar to formatting text paragraphs. In a paragraph, the last line
simply takes its natural horizontal length.

        \layout {
          indent = #0
          line-width = #150
          ragged-last = ##t