Re: [Denemo-devel] The staff indentation and the layout block.

From: Nils Gey
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] The staff indentation and the layout block.
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 11:14:55 +0200

This is all very good news because it makes the lilypond output flexible from
within Denemo.

But its still the question how do deliever all this options to a beginner or
not-ly-person AND integrate this with the current, string-based system.

So just clickable dialogs/a list of options are not good enough because they
don't fit in the system and could easily create a mess with denemo-cirectives
created by the user and by a hypothetical denemo-list overwriting each other.

I can think of a a menu which could be found in the texteditor-window for the
directives which is one-way ("fire and forget"). All it does would be inserting
strings to the textwindow, maybe with a describing comment. From this point the
user is responsible.
So it fits with the current system.

Think of it as an advanced online help showing up only in the right context and
with automatic copy and paste.

If its in an easy format (like xml) I could add all these options and
descriptions. The goal would be to easily choose&insert these
global/movement-layout options.

Nils