Re: [Denemo-devel] find lilypond version

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] find lilypond version
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 19:17:07 +0100

On Fri, 2009-04-10 at 08:25 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> I wrote this in c using glib regex stuff. I want to know if we
> can/should use this.
Good work. Yes, I think we should. We can use it to avoid unnecessarily
running convert-ly. I do not know whether the LilyPond that we generate
internally is still good for the latest versions of LilyPond - needs
checking, and we need to think about how script generated LilyPond can
be versioned.
>  The reason for it is because we need to know if the
> user is running lilypond >= 2.12. The command line arguments are
> different for this version of lilypond. Attached is the code. It just
> needs glib.
Some minor niggles with the code: the value -1 is returned which is not
a double (and will not be converted to one IIRC). Can we not just return
d taking the 0.0 value as indication of failure? then we can pass NULL
instead of endp and not do the check.
And the constant 30 appears twice, making the code fragile - use
#define. One of the functions at least will be static.
I am glad you sorted out the regex stuff - I didn't know it was there.
Richard