[Denemo-devel] [bug #26604] Post-Octave Up

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #26604] Post-Octave Up
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 15:28:06 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #26604 (project denemo):

>In Lilypond relative mode, the , or ' keys modify the note already entered;
in Denemo as it stands now, these keys jump the cursor to modify the NEXT note
entered.

That is true of most modes, but not edit mode. You can type in duration
followed by note name octave sharp/flat dots when you are appending in edit
mode. Whether this would be a pleasant system to use I am not sure.

Your script:

(d-CursorLeft)
(d-ToggleEdit)
(d-OctaveUp)
(d-ToggleEdit)
(d-CursorRight)
would do something unexpected if you were already in Edit mode - but it would
be ok if you never did mode switching. (We need a command to interrogate the
mode - it is lacking at present).

You would re-bind comma and single quote to the new commands, I guess. Give
it a try. The original Classic mode was intended to be as close to typing in
LilyPond as text as possible, I think. But if you can do better...

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?26604>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/