Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] google music notation editor
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 19:08:59 +0100

On Sun, 2009-06-14 at 11:34 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 08:58:18AM +0100, Richard Shann wrote:

> > > I pushed a fix for the libsmf linking bug.
> >
> > hmm, now I can build in-place, but attempting to build in a separate
> > (parallel) build directory actually tries to build in-place. This starts
> > at the configure step:
> >
> > ../denemo/configure
> >
> > Gives
> >
> > configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make
> > distclean" there first
> >
> > whereas, (unless I am in a complete muddle now) it should create new
> > directories (libsmf, src etc) and Makefiles below the current build
> > directory, which then should allow the command make to create a denemo
> > executable in the (newly created) src directory below the current build
> > directory.
>

> I pushed a fix for this. Does this fix it for you?

So I did git pull (updated Makefile.am in top level)
then autogen.sh

Then in a new empty directory I did
../denemo/configure
and got
configure: error: source directory already configured; run "make
distclean" there first

as before - it is trying to configure in the source directory (which is
indeed configured) instead of creating new directories and doing
configure there, making all the sources relative to those, which is what
it used to do (and AFAIK all other packages do).