[Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Problem getting MIDI games working
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 10:52:54 +0100

I could not get the MIDI games working:

On doing the More Commands and loading "Major or Minor"
I got

About to load
from /usr/local/share/denemo/actions/menus/MainMenu/Educational/Aural
Training/init.scm
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/rshann/.denemo/actions/menus/MainMenu/EditMenu/Transpose/SetTransposeIntervalFromNote"
About to load
from /usr/local/share/denemo/actions/menus/MainMenu/EditMenu/Transpose/init.scm

and the game did not work - just unbound variable error.

I went to the edit menu and execute the SetTransposeIntervalFromNote
command. Then the game worked.

However, I deleted my .denemo and started again. Once I had set playback
immediately and Start Jack on startup
then doing more commands got me a working game. (Though in Major and
Minor the chords after the first have a spurious extra note, you have to
Replay to hear the chord properly).

Now I cannot repeat the unbound variable error thing..., deleting
my .denemo and re-doing the More Commands...

One definite bug here is that the I/O warning is not helpful - it is
trying several places to get things, the local ones fail but that is ok,
there should be no warning.

There are probably other bugs when starting from a clean machine...
Can we set start jack client at startup and playback immediately as
defaults?