Re: [Denemo-devel] Fluidsynth build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fluidsynth build
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:22:54 +0000

On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 13:39 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> What are the settings needed?
>
> At the moment the settings are in preferences FLUIDSYNTH tab. This
> will
> soon be moved to the playback properties.
Instead, move some things under playback properties to preferences:
      * the tempo setting is just a default tempo, the actual tempo will
        be controlled by midibytes in Tempo Indications or metronome
        markings
      * Mute on staffs is already in staff properties I think , although
        tabbed as MIDI rather than as playback (fix)
      * the external player should be in properties
      * Csound tab could just stay, though perhaps its external player
        should be under externals. CSound is still an active project,
        but I don't know if denemo's output still works. Until someone
        wants it, we don't need to spend time on it.
      * the play selected measures control could be moved into the Play
        menu itself, or until a proper player dialog is made, just left.
      * the fluidsynth things you mention sound like they are in the
        right place already, at least roughly, ie prefences for how the
        program does sounds.

> First I must clean up playback
> properties. I see that it is still using tables. I thought I did this
> already. I guess I did not. Perhaps that is another file I am thinking
> of.
yes, I think you did scoreprops and/or staffprops.
HTH